Stan Getz & João Gilberto Getz/Gilberto - Archival Tape Edition No. 4 (US EDITION)
Recorded in March 1963 at A&R Studios, New York, NY, USA. The multi-Grammy winning album "Getz/Gilberto" by Stanz Getz, João Gilberto and Astrud Gilberto was one of the best-selling albums of all time and marked a peak of the bossa nova wave.
Cut directly from a completely unedited 1:1 copy of the original tape provided by Universal Music, one has never been closer to the artist, the original sound waves and music history.
- Hand-Cut 12" Mastercut Record
- Hand-Printed Letterpress Cover Artwork
- Limited* and numbered
In addition to the high-quality sound carrier, this edition contains valuable, partly historical accompanying documents:
- A Minolta EP 410Z copy of Side A / Side B notes "from original tape as indicated"
- One Instant Polaroid photograph of Stan Getz and João Gilberto after an original photo by Earl Steinbicker and James Houghton.
- One Instant Polaroid photograph of the Supersense Livingroom Studio
- Polaroid Photograph of a microscopic view of the real groove from Side B "So danco samba"
- A "How To Caress" Info Sheet
- One set of white gloves for proper handling of your Mastercut
- "Project Mastercut. An Introduction to Editions" by Florian "Doc" Kaps
- Notes by the Cutting Engineer at the Supersense Studio
- A special spine imprint in blue tone ink
- A blue toned screen print
- A special booklet band with the impulse logo stamp
Premier Cut: 01-99 (SOLD OUT)
USA Edition: 01 - 500