John Coltrane A Love Supreme - Archival Tape Edition No. 3 (US EDITION)
"A Love Supreme" is the most famous and successful studio album of jazz saxophonist John Coltrane and still considered his masterpiece. Recorded in December 1964 at Van Gelder Studios in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, USA, this record has been selected from the Universal Music Archive for our Archival Tape Edition.
Cut directly from a completely unedited 1:1 copy of the original tape provided by Universal Music, one has never been closer to the artist, the original sound waves and music history.
- Hand-Cut 12" Mastercut Record
- Hand-Printed Letterpress Cover Artwork
- Limited* and numbered
3 carefully selected design elements are characterising this USA Mastercut Edition:
- A special spine imprint in blue tone ink
- A blue toned screen print
- A special booklet band with the impulse logo stamp
In addition to the high-quality sound carrier, this edition contains valuable, partly historical accompanying documents:
- A Love Supreme, a minolta EP 410Z Copy of the original Notes by John Coltrane
- One Instant of John Coltrane after an original photo by Bob Thiele
- One Instant Polaroid photograph of the Supersense Livingroom Studio. Photographer: Ákos Burg
- Polaroid Photograph of a microscopic view of the real groove of "Pursuance".
- How to caress, by Florian "Doc" Kaps. An info sheet about the Supersense Master Records and how to care for them. 2021
- "Project Mastercut. An Introduction to Editions" by Florian "Doc" Kaps
- Cutting engineer notes, SUPERSENSE, Vienna. 2021
John Coltrane / A Love Supreme:
Premier Cut: 01-99 (SOLD OUT)
USA Edition: 01 - 500